REVISION DATE: JAN 28, 2021
WHO IS AWIT?
Advancing Women in Tech, AWIT is formerly known as Advancing Women in Product, AWIP is a community that empowers next generation women product leaders, tech leaders and includes members from all genders. Currently, we offer the following opportunities to our community:
- Online Communities via Facebook Group, Facebook Page, LinkedIn Group, MeetUp, Twitter
- Website Content
- Programs and Events
- Job Opportunities
- Ambassador Program
- Resume Review Service
- E-Resume Book and Member Promotions on Website
We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and operate in the United States.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you provide by completing forms on Advancing Women in Tech website, Facebook, and Newsletters, such as our newsletter sign-up forms, surveys, member sign-ups, volunteer sign-ups, joining the team, or other forms to sign up.
- Details of any requests, activity, or transactions you make through the Services. Advancing Women in Tech partners with other companies (such as MailChimp, Eventbrite, Salesforce, Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn and Stripe) for email marketing, ad campaigns, support and payment processing. The payment information you submit is collected and used by Eventbrite and Stripe in accordance with their privacy policies. Advancing Women in Tech doesn’t store your payment information unless you explicitly release it to us as part of any products or services we sell directly on our platform;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Advancing Women in Tech, including use of our website (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site) and email newsletter (such as what links you click and if and when you open the email) — we use Google Analytics and MailChimp for gathering this data;
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, in the form of traffic analytics.
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to Advancing Women in Tech in the form of comments, reviews, contributions to discussions, messages to other users, messages to AWIT or communication with mentors organized by AWIT
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary or for legitimate purposes.
You may decline to provide us with your information and ask that your information be removed. However, this will limit your ability to use our platform and services. For example, if you decline, you may not receive our email newsletter, recent job postings, etc. You may review, change or remove your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your information for a couple of purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with our services, and to improve and promote our services;
- To track and analyze use of the services so that we can improve how Advancing Women in Tech is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our organizational interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities. Some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations, for example we cannot create an account for you if you choose not to share your personal data with us.
Advancing Women in Tech does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization
Advancing Women in Tech uses your IP address for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic and with MailChimp services. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com
We collect certain personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page. These cookies are placed by the domain https://www.advancingwomenintech.org/
Data is protected and monitored by our Director of Operation’s office. All data is held privately. We may share your social media handle(s) in our communications if you have meaningfully interacted with us or any of our services. For example, if you win a raffle prize in Facebook, we may write, “Congratulations to @yourusername on winning a special mentorship package” We do not ask for explicit consent to display this type of information as you are interacting in a public forum with us and other users of the service, using a public profile name. We may also share your name in our newsletter, reviews if you have reviewed our services or programs either online or during events, 1on1 discussion or via video.
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users, unless you grant us explicit consent:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your email address;
- Your mailing address;
- Your IP address;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
In some instances, we may also share your information to the following parties and for the following reasons:
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
- We do not sell personal information to third parties. The data that is usually shared with affiliates and promotional partners is in aggregate and not at an individual level (for example, we may share that “most of our email newsletter subscribers work in the field of engineering”). Sharing of individually identifiable data requires your explicit consent.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
We retain your data for the amount of time necessary to provide you with our services and programs, as well as for historical research purposes or statistical purposes. Absent your written deletion request, will retain your data until it is no longer relevant for historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
As noted above, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services and brand partners and employers (example: MailChimp who helps us deliver the newsletters, or when we partner with payment processors like Stripe, or use Google Analytics or Facebook Analytics to help us understand how our site is being used and how to attract more customers). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of our Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We do not release or sell private and personally identifiable information. For example, we may release statistics on the geographical makeup of our audience, but we do not release the names and other information of who lives where — you will remain anonymous.
Advancing Women in Tech performs all data processing in the United States. It does not transfer data outside the United States, however, some of its third-party providers may engage in international data transfer.
UNSUBSCRIBE OR OPT-OUT
If you’d like to opt out, unsubscribe or have your data deleted from any services or from the platform, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights depend on a number of variables, including your relationship with Advancing Women in Tech and which laws apply to you. Multiple online resources exist to inform you of your specific rights.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Children (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use our services on their own. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children and they are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
If you have questions about this policy, or about the site, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.